Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ok, now I am actually busy

Term started. And it's haaaaard! Firstly we have changed times back so not only am I getting up early, it's in the dark! Yuck. Plus it is still chilly so it horrid getting out of the shower at that time of morning.

Enough whining, I am enjoying being back. It seems as though people have brought a new energy with them from the holidays and are excited about new projects and old that are happening this term. Of course I have had to say goodbye to afternoon naps as I am now planning and doing extra work in the afternoons. I made it through 7 books this holiday and I suspect that the current one will take me all term to read.

My most exciting thing about this term is that I have an office! No more working on the staffroom comfy chairs and coffee tables for me! I share it with an energetic and friendly teacher and it is situated in the quiet part of school, next to the chapel. It is under a massive pepper tree (schinus molle - not indigenous but wonderful shade and scent) and there are lots of other trees around so the birds are constantly chirriping. This morning when the students trooped into chapel I realised that I am directly underneath the church bell, which is one of my favourite sounds.

As a result I am looking favourably at the new term, and expecting to enjoy not carrying all my books back and forth between home and school.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I know exactly what you mean. I am not looking forward to the time when our clocks go back in October and it is dark to eat our porridge!