Sunday, February 17, 2008

In search of the biggest teapot


Some of you will know that I have long been searching for a teapot that can serve 6 mugs of tea, and then give everyone a second cuppa, whithout being refilled. We found this one today. It did not have a volume marked on it, so I can't be sure if it is THE ONE but we bought it in an optimistic fashion. Purchase based mostly on the fact that it has been provided with a second handle, at the spout. Which says to me: this pot has so much tea, you need two handles to pour it. Of course there are no longer six people in our house, or even in our neighbourhood who need a cup, but K and I will try it out, and see if we can a) have three cups of tea each, and then b) another three and c) does the pot need refilling. Think kindly of our bladders this evening.

3 comments:

Di said...

is it a big marmite, or a small marmite? Enquiring minds want to know...

N said...

It's a small Marmite... an excellent and insightful question...

faranaaz said...

Ohmygosh - and here I thought it was just me that had this messianic teapot fixation! Congrats on finding one. I still have grim memories of having to make tea twice just to satisfy everyone at the table, or pouring for everyone (in little cups) and always being the one person to end up with no tea. As with you and K, we also have no-one to share our tea with now. It is one of the fundamental things about family life that I miss from Cape Town.