
I have been so impressed with C'ville's thunderstorms. She really does take this very seriously. No piddly little crack and run storms for her.
The thunder rolls and the house shakes. Lightning actually lights the sky and even through the bedroom curtains and blinds I can see constant flashes like cameras in the stands at a soccer game.
Before the storm there is an eerie light, the lawn is turned a strange green, it's really indescribable so I won't try. First, the birds get all-a-twitter and then they go quiet. In that moment the little flashes of lightning bugs are most prominent in my garden. Then the thunder and lightning starts, taking turns or over-lapping, like a firework symphony while the wind and breezes dash here and there. After that has gone on long enough Henry slinks for cover under the couch or bed (as pictured) and Oleo follows me around the house for reassurance.
Then the real stuff starts, so much rain. It pours and pours. Diving into a swimming pool would seem an ineffectual way of getting wet compared to this. Torrential rain? OH that's what they mean by that!
I think the storm ALMOST makes up for the last four days of being a walking puddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment