You'll be happy to know that the toe will not have to be removed. In fact the toenail was taken off in a very disappointingly undramatic visit to the podiatrist. But My wonderful husband took me for a smoothie afterwards cos I was so brave.
Due to the move I am beginning to have that amputee feeling, like I am slowly being cut off from my life here, and in particular from my friends. I have said goodbye enough times in the past that I know it is never really goodbye in our digital age. That doesn't save me from this strange feeling of being slowly distanced from the people here. Each experience is filled with the "for the last time" emotions. This is the last time I will sit in the garden with J. This is the last time I will go to the movies with these girls, this is the last time I will sit on this porch and drink this perfect cup of tea. I must not allow these to be sad moments though but rather, and in a very cheesy way, happy moments to hold close.
No comments:
Post a Comment