Well my radio silence this time has not been due to Mpala's terrible internet, or Emma's neediness but rather a much happier event. My Mom and I have been plotting and pulled off, a surprise visit to Namibia. My sisters had no idea I was coming until I walked up and said hi.
It is so wonderful to be home, although the first thing that happened was that I was sick enough to be hospitalized. Thankfully only for an afternoon but it was trial by fire for one sis and my Mom as they had to take care of Emma who was most displeased with no Momom. I was just grateful that it happened here and not at Mpala where I would have been an hour from the nearest doctor, let alone nurse and IV drip!
I have been getting Emma (and myself) back into a routine and just relaxing with my family which has been a kind of heaven. Nothing beats your mother's cooking does it? Strawberry pudding, pineapple pie and veggie lasagne... mmm. I haven't even thought about Spiro in a whole week!
No comments:
Post a Comment