Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Snugs
I want desperately to remember and hold close moments with Emma. I want to always feel her skinny arms holding on to my neck so tightly that her shoulder is against my windpipe. I want my arms to always have the feeling of being wrapped around her, and how small she is and yet how solid and strong her body is. I want forever the feeling of the back of her head with it's matted hair that fits into my hand. I want to remember the coldness of her wet tears on my neck and the feeling of her hard little nose rubbing the snot off onto my shirt. But most of all I want to remember how it was she who came to me and how she didn't want to let go, but wanted me to hold her and hold her and hold her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment