Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Emma 13 May 2012

I have decided to write short vignettes to Emma that she can read later. Just little things about her life and what she does each day that makes us laugh, cry and love her too much. SO here goes. Dear Emma, Today you didn't want to get out of the car. When your Dad took you out of the car you cried and started to crawl back to the car, crying all the time. When you realised how muddy it was you crawled back towards the porch and put on your pink hello kitty gumboots and then crawled out again. Then you came and stood at the front door and cried and cried. Nothing we did consoled you so we gave up, figuring you to be just plain cranky. I put an episode of Peppa pig on and you stopped crying, peered through the bars of the stair rails and into the lounge and watched from the doorway. When it stopped, you started crying again. I put on the Jungle Book and you came and sat on my lap and I held you and wiped away your tears. You call him Pappa Bear and Balloo can always make you happy. Even when I can't. Later this evening you were sitting with Aunty Di on the couch. She was telling me about a lion she saw with your dad and she said to me, she was Buff, Dude. You piped up - what is buff dude? In your sweet and funny voice and we all laughed. Love Mom

2 comments:

faranaaz said...

Hey Tasha, love the vignettes you're doing. In fact, I think I'm going to steal the idea for Danyaal. I was going to do this Google thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vkVHijdQk (Have you seen it?) and actually am doing it a bit now and then when I remember but it might be nice to do a blog too, or at least a page on my blog. (If I ever get back into blogging that is.)

Natasha said...

Oh Gosh Faranaaz, that made me cry! I have been taking posts and vignettes and anything I like and adding them into a word doc that I have been calling Dear Emma, with the idea that I will one day make it all into a book for her. Perhaps on her 18th? There are so many things I don't want to forget for myself too, so in part, it is a selfish project.