Tuesday, July 02, 2013
Dear Emma, 2 July, 2013
Dear Emma,
In the car today you asked to play the kid and the monkey game. I said I didn't know how to play and you would have to teach me. You told me that I had "teached" you the game and then you proceeded to sing; " I wrote a note, I wrote a note and then I dropped the note. A monkey found it." I realised you meant the clapping song "I wrote a letter to my love". You loved that we clapped during the game and then when it came time to catch the monkey you had to run screaming all over the house. Of course we couldn't do that in the car so instead we just sang the song over and over again. You soon became bored of the lyrics and made up your own. "A little monkey picked it up and pooped on it. Then he squished it with another note and put it in his pocket." Which led naturally to a discussion of how one would get monkey poop out of the note and also out of a pocket.
Hugs
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment