Sometimes the internet can be the most frustrating time spender. I have just spent the last 45 minutes looking for a map of namibia showing the areas occupied by which tribes. I am CONVINCED that it exists and that someone has published it online. I am also convinced that I cannot teach the next chapter without it. This after an hour of reading the textbook, making a timeline and scrunching up my brain to come up with some interesting way of teaching this stuff. You see, I feel that one must have some concept of the geography of Namibia for it to make sense that Witbooi and Maharero couldn't get it together and sort out the Germans.
To temper my frustration and kick start my creativity, I have been working on a few different techniques for making me feel better. First a glass of crisp cold white wine, then balance on my excercise ball in front of the comp. Trying to sit cross legged on it has given me a good few minutes of entertainment while I wait for a site to load. Also Chris Evans is helping considerably by playing some absofab music! The I decided to become completely distracted and read my new fave blog: http://www.hoboteacher.com/blog/index.html It's great if you are a teacher - and perhaps if you aren't one too. But he makes me laugh and laugh because so much of what he says happens in my classroom daily!
Maybe I can come up with some version of Risk that shows the movement of tribes, troops and Germans around Namibia around 1890. Or some kind of role play? urgh.
1 comment:
This I can truly relate to! It is Sunday evening and I am still working away. I have just completed the finishing touches to the school trip plan for our trip to London tomorrow. Now I need some inspiration for this week's maths! Glad you are loving teaching!
Post a Comment