Saturday, April 05, 2008

Bond


Bond has been my office mate a few days this week. He was a stray for many years and is terrified of humans. He is also quite old, and a big dog, he is a little bigger than a labrador but looks like a hound in terms of colour and shape. He is incredibly shy of humans but adores other dogs. He will lie quietly in my office and keep an eye on me, but shies away when anyone tries to touch him. He has advanced with me as he will now sniff my hand when I offer it to him. Also when I ignored him for long enough while working he actually came to stand next to me and see what the fascination with my screen and keyboard was. I feel that once he has figured out that people are not going to shout at him, chase him or hit him he will be a really sweet companion for someone who is incredibly patient and wants a dog who will adore without being needy. In other news, JJ in on the adoption floor and I expect that by Monday he will be gone because lots of people have been interested. Freddie is still around as we want to be careful about the home he goes to.

No comments: