I think most of you know the story...
I am 30 and I can't drive. Not, I don't drive, but I can't. I mean I am sure I could get in and make the thing go if I had to and there were no clutch and K were bleeding from his skull and I couldn't get hold of anyone else or a taxi or an ambulance. Nonethelss...no driver's license anyway.
For many years I have been promising to get one. Starting with after I moved back from the UK and at the tender age of 20 I still had to get my Mom to drive me around. Then at uni, if anything had ever happened to my roomies, they would have been in a taxi, and that is not a pretty thought. The list goes on and it is quite long.
Well maybe the story ends now. For the last few months my bus rides have been things of misery instead of joy because I should be studying for the learner's test. Instead of reading whatever juicy novel was lurking in my handbag, I was supposed to be pounding the road signs into my grey matter. I detest having studying hanging over me while I read. So eventually I gave in and left my murder mystery at home and read a little different material.
Then the day came when K basically forced me to go down and actually take the test. I was convinced I would fail, but then at least I would know what to study for. Well blow me down like a dead tree in hurricane season but I passed the dern thing. Now I have no excuse for not getting behind the wheel of a car and endangering the lives of my husband, innocent bystanders and people who can't (*)**!_)%# use their indicators!
I can send text messages to those of you who would like to know when I will be practising in their general area if you'd like to get off the roads or stand by and jeer.
No comments:
Post a Comment