Thursday, September 25, 2008

LIsa Marie and Priscilla

These two came in a month ago as feral puppies. Which means that they had no human contact before arriving at the SPCA. for the first couple of weeks, as is custom amongst our scared puppies, they hid under or behind the toilet bowl.

They then upgraded to the director's office and slowly came out of their shells to give her their adoration. She went on vacation last week and so they moved into my office. Initially they couldn't work it out and just wanted to go back to her office. Slowly though they gave in to my ministrations (in the form of fishy smelling treats). They have been hiding under my desk and putting up with me cuddling them, but last Friday night I had a break-through.

I was playing hide and seek with them over the half door and they got so involved in the game they forgot I was human and therefore scary. Then I went into the office and they jumped and climbed all over me, tails wagging and eyes smiling.

This week they have been thrilled to see me every morning, even when I don't have treats. Lisa Marie play-bows and snuggles with me and Priscilla jumps up and down and licks me till I am gooey.

It's a very good feeling knowing that an animal who doesn't trust people thinks you are ok.

No comments: