So we had movement today. No letter but at least info from the person who ultimately signs the letter. This means we are for sure going to Kenya. In a fit of excitement I filled the dining room table with things to pack and then instantly lost the desire to pack them. This means that there are many more places for Henry to perch, sleep on and climb into. Tomorrow I hope that motivation will return.
Incidentally, I must be addicted to sugar. All I have been able to think about all day is ice-cream.
Tonight Emma had a long evening nap and was ready for bed at 8:20 but just couldn't focus on nursing. I decided it was perfect timing for the sleep training and put her in her crib and then stood with her and shushed til she fell asleep, my hand on her belly. The beginning of this was a little rough as Oleo was determined to get in on the action and wailed and cried outside the door but once K had dispatched her with some kibble Emma fell sound asleep. I am very curious to see if she wakes in an hour and a half as she has been doing.
In other news, my toe which I dropped the cat flap on may be gangrenous.
1 comment:
you can doo it! I'm sorry it's all so bonkers at the moment, and I promise to have a calm home awaiting you when you arrive this side. xx
Post a Comment