This was the final straw. A beautiful new bowl for my birthday, some ripening tropical fruit and a rat-faced, fluffy tailed, flea-infested fruit bowl violater. Spiro came into the house, he sampled and was chased out by my irate self. He then came back with his little buddies and the three of them had a partaay on my mangos.
I decided it was time, no more Mr. Nice Guy, no more tolerance. I borrowed traps, I baited them with the self same mangoes they had already destroyed and I set them just inside the door. Hah! Snap! Bang! Caught four of the little blighters.
Oh the pleasure I took in finding them new homes. One lovely spot down at the river, all the Fever tree they could climb. On the road to Nanyuki, just a few more kms and they could become town squirrels. Plus on the way to the tower where they could flick their tails at passing researchers.
What bliss, what heaven, what open windows and doors!
But lo, there is a fly in my ointmenteth! Now a Vervet, large, unafraid and aggressive with balls the colour of the Windhoek Swimming Pool has found my bowl, and the stash of Avos on top of the fridge. This time there will be no mercy, I will give no quarter. We have already set the traps. He has eluded them, but I have at least .2% more genetics than he does in my favour!

1 comment:
that's hilarious...if anything came near my mangoes, that would be the end of them too!
Post a Comment