Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Poor Henry
Oleo has finally (after three years) started lying on my lap while I sit on the couch. The problem this creates is that my lap has been uncontested Henry territory. This evening, while she was keeping my thghs warm, Henry came over and sat on the coffee table and stared at her. It was clear what he wanted. He wanted his Mommy. I could see in his little whiskered face as he processed the following choices. a) stare and try to intimidate Oleo into leaving, hard because her eyes are closed and she is purring. b) share. If you know Henry and Oleo, this is not an option. c) Leap, scratch, bite, hiss or otherwise violently remove her. Thus making Mommy mad and ensuring Oleo's spot for the rest of the night. Thankfully (for me, cos I could tell he was leaning towards c.) K chose that moment to occupy the rocking chair and thus provided an acceptable alternative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Henry! I will comfort you...
I know the problem. Amelie is frequently 'removed' from the bed by Scampi!
Post a Comment