We have had plenty of gold finches at the feeders. They are such a joy to watch. We have also had many squirrels who have been interested but cannot get past the vaselined pole so have had to content themselves with the seed the birds drop. The Ugly comes in with the European Starlings. They are going through a square of suet every two days. I am convinced they are chasing away the woodpeckers. I spent Sunday Morning driving K and my in-laws nuts by hurtling out the front door to scare away the starlings every two minutes. Of course as soon as I left this morning it was a starling suet free for all, and not a woody in sight. Sigh.
Monday, May 12, 2008
the good, the bad and the downright ugly
We have had plenty of gold finches at the feeders. They are such a joy to watch. We have also had many squirrels who have been interested but cannot get past the vaselined pole so have had to content themselves with the seed the birds drop. The Ugly comes in with the European Starlings. They are going through a square of suet every two days. I am convinced they are chasing away the woodpeckers. I spent Sunday Morning driving K and my in-laws nuts by hurtling out the front door to scare away the starlings every two minutes. Of course as soon as I left this morning it was a starling suet free for all, and not a woody in sight. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment