Yes I know I have been a bad bad blogger. I have not only been inconstant I have been missing for months at a time. And then I posted bad photos. AND NOW I am mostly logging on to complain. Smokers, really, must you?
We passed months of winter bliss in our little house. The windows were shut tight and nothing got in or out. Our warm little haven was perfect. Then summer hit, and as you know it was H.O.T. Every window in the house is open, top and Bottom. We share our little house with someone who lives in our basement. It very quickly became clear that she was a smoker. She smokes before she goes to sleep. She lights up before she showers in the morning. She takes a drag on her way from or to her car. She inhales shallowly while on the phone to her girlfriends in the back yard.
Therein lies the crux of the matter. The back yard. She is not allowed to smoke in the house (thank goodness) and so she stands just outside her door and puffs away. It is so gross. The smoke wafts in through the bathroom window, and is actively spread through the house by the fans in the spare room and in our room. The smell of second hand smoke just makes me feel ill and my lovely clean washing directly under the fan need to be aired.
So WHY don't I just head on down there and say; "hey roomie! Won't you take your bad habit to the bottom of the yard?" SIGH. Because, I am the Queen of Passiva Aggressiva land and K is my King. Instead we just run around the house closing windows and turning fans to point outwards. We are so pathetic, but I must say that I feel better now that I have whinged to you.
thanks.
1 comment:
ugh, I totally feel you on this one. From time to time people will smoke on the porch, which is directly above my bedroom--and I have fans on all. day. long.
*sigh* At least it's almost autumn!
Post a Comment