Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Emma update

I taught her how to play ring-a-rosie today and she loved it, especially the part where I fall down. It's a slippery slope though, because, as with all things energetic, she wants to play again and again. So I have to get up and fall down about a hundred times before we can move on to another game.

Her words are increasing but mostly she babbles in a language indistinguishable to anyone except her. She can say the following though:
Mom, Dad, cow, cat, there, hi, bye, where and an impressive array of animal noises. These include pounding her own chest and hooting like a gorilla, raising her fists like a boxer and growling like a lion and going bltthhhttt like an elephant.

She loves to play hide and seek, and likes to make you hide with her. This sometimes means that it is she and I hiding behind a door with no-one looking for us. We usually stand for a while, looking through the gap between the frame and door and then jump out at no-one. We were doing just this the other day when I heard her going blthtt like she had something in her mouth that was bad. When I looked down she had her finger on her mouth and was trying to say shhhh. Too cute!

No comments: