Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Miscelleny

Chocoholic
I decided that the size of my belly needs massive reduction and so I banned chocolate from the house. This has been a massive failure the size of... well of my belly. As I sit here I have in my mouth an empty spoon. What was in it? Nutella. I have raided all forms of chocolate in our house to get my fix. I even baked brownies one night. This is a lesson to me. Give up something else. And please - until you have played ring-a-rosie with Emma sixty-eight times in a row, don't tell me to get more exercise.

Boo
There is a group of students studying at the Center at the moment. They are very young and make me feel very old. Things that they do that make me feel old include the boys throwing water balloons at the girls and the girls not wearing enough clothing on chilly evenings. (Or warm evenings) A few of them like to jog around the ring road at dusk, and it makes me tut-tut that they could get eaten or gored by some creature. But here is the thing. It brings out the evil in me. I really want to hide behind a bush and then LEAP out at them with a ROAR. Even thinking about it I am giggling in a mini-me kind of way. See, you can feel old and still be completely juvenile.

The African Jungle
Recently our dining chairs were re-upholstered with a lovely giraffe print. Our couch is currently covered in some hideous palm tree sort of thing and we are going to get it re-upholstered too. I really want to do it in a zebra print to go with the giraffe. It is a large couch and it could be REALLY bad. There is a part of me, (perhaps I have some Mob wife in my heritage) that just wants a zebra covered couch. Emma and I can pretend to look at it through the binoculars, or pet it like we are in a zoo. I could make some fluffy lime green throw pillows to go on it. OOooh, I LIKE that!

Progeny
I think our Dikdik has had a baby. There was another family around but they never responded to my calls. Today I saw a family of dikdiks and when I called the female took a few steps towards me but didn't come any closer. We did think she was awfully fat for a dikdik, but had put that down to the banana peels we had been feeding her during Emma's dinners.

No comments: