Emma, my mother in law and I went to the National Gallery the other day. Emma was awake for the whole trip through and was thoroughly enjoying the people watching in the French artists' exhibit halls.
When we got to the photographs of and by Allan Ginsberg, she decided that people watching was for the birds and it was time to be involved.
In public bathrooms that echo she has tested out her voice with a short, sharp and repeated "eh?" She loves to hear the sound it makes and listens to her question come back to her with pleasure. This is what she was doing in a large room in which people were taking themselves, the photos and the commentary written by Ginsberg very seriously. I found it highly amusing but didn't want to be the obnoxious parent who can't see that their child is annoying other people who want to be serious. To be honest, and maybe this is just my plebian self, but I agreed with her. The photos certainly warrented an "eh?" and the echoes were more fun too.
No comments:
Post a Comment